It’s crazy to think I am thirty years old – not because I think it is an old age, but rather because time is going so insanely fast. One moment we are all graduating high school and the next, everyone is settling down in their careers and building a family of their own.
To celebrate this monumental age, I wanted to share thirty lessons I have learned along the way. Some I wish I had known (or come to realize) sooner!
Hint: You might recognize some of these lessons as topics of previous blog posts.
- Mindset is everything. A negative mindset will keep you from reaching your full potential in life. A positive mindset will make you unstoppable! Force yourself to challenge your thoughts, and say positive things to yourself like you would to a friend.
- Friends come, and friends go. Life is always evolving. Some people may be here for a season or some for a lifetime. Either way, chances are there is a lesson attached.
- Change is always possible. Never settle. You are never stuck if you don’t want to be.
- Toxic is toxic. Set boundaries for yourself and keep them.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Each of us have different experiences in life that make up who we are. Your path is unique to you.
- Be transparent. Be real. Share your story with others, even if it is scary. You never know who you may inspire.
- Fall seven times, get up eight. Keep going.
- Self-love and compassion are essential.
- Be around like-minded people and people who share the same vision as you.
- Don’t rush time. Time goes fast. Enjoy the time you have with your loved ones.
- Be mindful who you take advice from.
- Learn to take constructive criticism so that you are able to grow.
- Be open-minded. Try to see situations from all angles.
- Feel your emotions, don’t run from them. When you try to numb pain, it just manifests into something negative. Allow yourself to feel and heal from what is hurting you.
- Love the people that support you.
- Time helps to heal. It doesn’t erase memories; it just makes them easier to grasp.
- Complaining about everything will not help solve your problems.
- Never work for money, work for your passion.
- Take educated risks. Do your research, but do not be afraid to change things up.
- Work out to make your body stronger, not because you feel like you have to look a certain way.
- Do some type of personal growth daily – whether it is reading, journaling, yoga, etc.
- Gossiping is useless and hurtful. Challenge yourself not to engage in it.
- Listen more, talk less.
- Speak up for yourself and for those you love.
- Travel – see how differently the world is beyond your world.
- Give back to the community, whether it is charity work or fundraisers. Think beyond just you.
- Worry less about what others think and worry more about what God has placed on your heart.
- Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
- Don’t worry so much about the past. It is done and over with. You can’t go back – you can only make this moment and beyond count.
- You don’t have to be in a relationship to be happy. Happiness comes from within.
#selfcare #selflove #love #skincare #mentalhealth #wellness #beauty #loveyourself #health #mindfulness #motivation #healing #meditation #mentalhealthawareness #yoga #fitness #inspiration #anxiety #positivevibes #healthylifestyle #selfcarethreads #life #relax #happiness #skincareroutine #wellbeing #instagood #threads #massage #bhfyp #life #lessons